The Marketing Square, today’s ad agency, works wherever there’s a computer and a client. An agency photo and video shoot was inspired by Mad Men and The Marketing Square clients styled, shot and recreated fashion and style from the era.
There were many differences in advertising in 2012 vs. 1960 including a female CEO, a technology-driven business that focuses on websites and team members who work anywhere a computer can travel.
Note: Jim Beam Bourbon and Stolichinaya Vodka are props. Unlike Mad Men, The Marketing Square team doesn’t drink on the job.
The Marketing Square builds advertising-based websites for small businesses who rely on traffic to sell products and services.
With locations in Madison, Wisconsin, and Winter Park, Florida, the agency is mobile working on smart phones, HP Minis, Macs, iPad, PCs or any other computer or digital device available. Meetings are in-person but in a pinch, clients are as close as a click away with Skype, Google+, YouTube and the many other online communication options.
Florida businesses were used to complete the Mad Men shoot:
- Photos by Spencer Warlick, Warlick Design, Winter Park, FL.
- Styling by Erica Warlick, Erica On Style, Winter Park, FL.
- Hair by Albie Flores, Acaj Salon, Maitland, FL.
- Venue and furniture by 1618 Something Different, Orlando
- Clothing by Thread, Winter Park, FL.
- Model Rebekah Brown, CEO, The Marketing Square, Winter Park, FL. and Madison, WI.
- Blueberi Stolichnaya Vodka is featured as was Jim Beam Bourbon
Concierge Client Care
From the introductory meeting to new website reveals, reputation management issues, public relations or video production there’s nothing better than doing business face to face and we always put our clients first. But a good portion of the work is done online.
We’re always available by phone and can get to a client’s office within 24 hours to handle any urgent needs. Whether for a meeting to tackle a nasty, unidentified blogger who is ripping a brand, or a website that needs immediate attention because of Google algorithm changes to website rebuilds, we’ll be there. We have locations in Madison, Wisconsin and Winter Park, Florida, and travel to other cities to work with clients who need websites that they can open and access.
The Marketing Square, a website and ad agency, provides new website builds, website rebuilds and website repair, reputation management, public relations, search engine optimization, video, copy and photography to drive sales.
Working on a computer can be done in an office, at the beach, a Madison coffee house, or a favorite Winter Park outdoor restaurant. We come to you and build websites and handle online issues that can include penalized websites, online profiles, product launches or brand relaunches.
This may not work for all ad agencies, but it works for us because every member of the The Marketing Square team has 20 years experience in their area of expertise. This is not a start-up or new business for us.
- Rebekah Brown, strategist and award winning ad copy writer (16 years) and journalist (28 years)
- Maggie McLeod, artist, IT specialist who designs and builds websites (20 years)
- Franklyn Galusha, a top 100 legal and medical SEO expert (20 years)
- Sam Smith, a videographer who can shoot, edit and produce amazing website video (20 years)
The Mad Men shoot was a tribute to the AMC TV show about a fictional Madison Avenue advertising agency set in the 1960s. Mad Men’s fifth season concluded but its iconic style and fashion continue in trends from Madison Avenue to Madison, Wisconsin, and Winter Park, Florida.