Tight, carefully worded content beats overwritten posts every day. When writing website posts be straightforward and get to the point for readers’ sake.
Writing Tips to Keep it Short:
1. Keep flowery language to a minimum.
2. Spare everyone from daily ramblings.
3. Believe it or not, other people don’t cherish every word you write. Keep it short to keep readers’ attention.
4. Most people stop reading after the headline and the first sentence unless you entice them.
5. The average U.S. readers’ attention span is seconds long. If you don’t capture it immediately, you’re not going to get it seven paragraphs into boring content.
6. Readers scan for words or phrases that appeal to them.
7. Online scanning lessens content reading. Readers fight the compulsion to click through and move on.
8. Most people haven’t ventured this far into the story because they’re bored or can’t read well.
9. United States literacy levels prohibit lengthy reads.
10. Get to the point. Cut the junk. Short is sweet.