This year Pumpkin Ed launched Karving 4 Kids, a 501(c)3 non-profit mission arm of the Frankfort-Elberta Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Karving 4 Kids is Ed’s dream come true program for carving giant 500-pound-plus pumpkins at children’s hospitals around the country.
To fulfill his dream, Ed needs approximately $3,500 per event which he was paying out of pocket, personally.
Donations can be sent to:
Karving 4 Kids
PO Box 125
Frankfort, MI 49635
Be sure to include a return address for your tax deductible receipt.
Pumpkin Ed Karving 4 Kids
Those costs include: equipment rental for handling the pumpkins, cost of pumpkins, transportation, lodging and miscellaneous costs. The best part of the non-profit status is that he can accept donations, send donors a receipt for taxes and it’s possible you can deduct the donation from taxes.
Ed is not looking to make any money for his efforts and all accounting will done be through the foundation.
How Ed Built His Hobby Into Charity
Ed built relationships with gigantic pumpkin growers and seed companies to co-brand his art form and maximize his exposure through event participation and businesses who need traffic.
Pumpkin Ed is for hire all year but especially from August through November.
More than 50,000 people visit his home every October when he sculpts as many as 25, 1,000-pound pumpkins on display from October 26 through Halloween. Friends, fans, followers and family call him Pumpkin Ed.
Moody came to The Marketing Square for a website rebuild to build his fall sculpting season. Moody’s site, PumpkinEd.com was re-launched in July; plenty of time for PumpkinEd.com to maximize pre-carving season.
Here’s what he did:
July Website rebuild
July History of pumpkin carvings picture gallery
July Facebook Fan Page
August Public appearances started
July-present Facebook postings
July-November Full, Planned Event Schedule and Attendance
December-June Plan for next year, public relations
Here are Pumpkin Ed Moody’s Marketing Results:
- Facebook Fan Page 150 fans in 30 days. Ed now has 420 fans
- Events including: Many more events:
- October 26 Home display sculpting begins, 25+ GIGANTIC pumpkins722 Leelanau Ave., Frankfort, MI..
- Season Highlight: Ed went to Honolulu, Hawaii, for 2 weeks where he carved 3, 1000-pound-plus pumpkins for charities and the Kapiolani Women’s & Children’s Hospital. The hospital is one of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of which I hope to carve at each one through Karving 4 Kids
- Received multiple media requests through public relations opportunities
- Was featured on Channel 2 Detroit
- Was featured on Channel 4 Detroit
- Participated in a text-to-win promotion during the Grand Rapids Art Prize Event entering an 800-pound pumpkin carving creation of a Princess Carriage
- Continues to be featured in multiple online website stories and event promotions
- Facebook postings and updates to fans
Contact Pumpkin Ed for Pumpkin Sculpting and Carving