Almost 90 percent of businesses when asked “who are you selling to?” answer, “everyone.”
Everyone is NOT a target– but it is positive thinking.
And in time, a brand can become a household name EVERYONE knows.
But when brands begin or re-launch, it’s best to find a niche audience to help build the brand slowly and surely. Strategically.
This focus on a primary target audience will also help shape the marketing message.
Answer the following questions to help determine a target audience:
1. Who uses the product currently?
2. What does research tell you about the existing audience?
3. Who needs the product according to research?
4. How will the product reach this audience?
5. Male or female
7. Income or billings
8. Married, single, children in household
9. Business or consumer