Opera in the Park Comes to the Winter Park Wedding Chapel for 3 Shows
The Winter Park Wedding Chapel hosts the opening of the 2012-12 Florida Opera Theatre season with a three-concert series for three Fridays in September.
Opera in the Park, A Winter Park Concert Series features exclusive operatic performances at the Winter Park Wedding Chapel, 301 West New England Ave. Performances include:
- 6 p.m., Friday, September 7, featuring Baritone Kenneth Stavert
- 6 p.m., Friday, September 14, featuring Soprano Samantha Barnes Daniel
- 6 p.m., Friday, September 21, featuring Soprano Janette Zilioli
- Florida Opera Theatre Chorus Master and Music Director Robin Stamper is the accompanist
- The three performers won at the Florida Regional Metropolitan Opera Auditions and moved forward in The Metropolitan Opera competition.
The series may be seen for $55 for the three-concerts. Florida Opera Theatre members pay $50 and memberships are available online.
Single tickets to each performance are only $20 each. Purchase tickets at https://redchairproject.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=497213 or mail a check written to: Florida Opera Theatre, P.O. Box 547937, Orlando, FL 32854-7937. Call 407-718-4365 for more information.
The Florida Opera Theatre will also hold the following events in December:
- Two performances of Giacomo Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi with an Artist Mingle after the event for pictures and autographs
- Saturday, December 8: Time and venue to be announced
- Sunday, December 9: Time and venue to be announced
In January, The Florida Opera Theatre presents:
- Three performances of Gian Carlo Menotti’s The Telephone plus, A Musical Revue of Ringing Proportions presented in collaboration with The Maitland Art and History Museum.
- The opera will be held at the Maitland Art & History Museums-Maitland’s Germaine Marvel Building, 210 W. Packwood Ave., Maitland, followed by a reception with a cash bar in the gallery.
- Saturday, January 26, 2013, matinee and evening performances
- Sunday, January 27, 2013, matinee performance
- Guests will be invited to tour the Maitland Art and History Telephone Museum
Final details with times, places and additional Spring 2013 opera productions are in progress and will be announced on the website.
Tickets for all concerts and operas may be purchased at The Florida Opera Theatre website www.FLOperaTheatre.org
Become a Member of Florida Opera Theatre
The Florida Opera Theatre is a group of musicians, producers, directors, individuals and performers who love and support opera in Florida. A Central Florida professional Opera Company, The Florida Opera Theatre is dedicated to producing high quality opera performances.
“We’re very proud to present opera to the Winter Park and Central Florida community featuring exceptional talent from Florida and around the country,” said President of the Florida Opera Theatre Judy Lee.
Florida Opera Theatre brought Eric Pinder recently into the position of Director in Residence.
“My goal is to create productions that will get people as enthused about opera as I am,” Pinder said. “I’m thrilled to accept this role and work with Florida Opera Theater to join them in presenting performances in different, exciting locations throughout Florida.”
If you are an opera fan interested in attending Central Florida opera performances join the Florida Opera Theatre and participate in events that run throughout the year. Forms and information are available at www.FLOperaTheatre.org
The Florida Opera Theatre held its debut opera season in 2011-12 including The Medium, by Gian Carlo Menotti in December 2011; Rossini’s The Barber of Seville in January 2012; and Verdi’s Rigoletto presented by The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra and produced in collaboration with Florida Opera Theatre in March 2012.