If you have a website you should be blogging to drive search engine traffic to your site.
Blogging is just a trendy word for writing online. A blog is an online journal written by the website owner or content writer. The topics should cover the business you’re in and interest your clients.
Write What You Know
Write about what you know and what your clients should know about your product and services.
Be the expert in your industry. So if you sell cakes, talk about flavors, icing, baking tips, offer specials.
If you get stuck and have no idea what to write, then read industry publications and take a local angle on a national issue or topic.
The Marketing Square blog posts by offer our Winter Park, Orlando, Central Florida and Michigan clients tips on how to use their own websites. We talk about public relations, social media, marketing, brand and image of products. How to share your message in advertising.
Be the Expert
You are the expert in your field so tell your clients what you know and share your insights.
You don’t have to write a lot, just a few paragraphs. Then post it to your social media to help interest other followers of your business.
- Put out a press release with your latest business innovation
- Are you launching a new product? Give your clients a special to introduce them to it
- Teach your clients something about you know they need
- Seasonal or calendar-based topics i.e., weather-proofing your car for winter
- Holiday i.e., Halloween recipes, 2-for-1 sales for Columbus Day
- Breaking news on your industry
- Educational or informational content
- Pointers on how prospective clients can use your brand or service
There’s always something to write about and it doesn’t have to be perfect. Use the spell check and do your best on grammar and punctuation.
The key to website traffic is constant new content. Photos and video alone won’t do it. Blogging is what search engines need to keep your website active in them.
If you aren’t taking time for FREE advertising and self-promotion you’re throwing money away. Websites need content, constant attention and continuous blogging activity to remain search-engine active.