You love your iPhone, your business and you love apps. So the natural progression? Build an app for your business. Should you build an app for your business and have a website?
Possibly. But start with the basics:
1. Who wants it enough to buy it?
- Does everyone need this app or just your clients and why should anyone pay for it?
2. Can you afford to build it?
- Apps cost $10,000 for programming, add design and complete functionality–minus social media–$20,000 for a completed one by a reputable, experienced company
3. What will you have to charge to make money on it?
- You have to sell it to make your $20K back. What price and how many units do you have to sell to meet your profit margins?
4. How will you market it?
- You have to sell it…to iPhone users AND Android users. Wow, that’s right, two versions.
5. Trouble-shooting and management
Needs constant attention to maintain updates with smart phones
6. What about the DIY Build-An-App, App?
- They’re looking pretty good right about now, but the above five questions still apply
7. What’s wrong with marketing from your good old website?
- Nothing. Websites aren’t going anywhere and you’ll always, always need SEO and updates. You have to feed it constantly to maintain traffic.
- If your website isn’t getting you new business, an app is not the answer. Try SEO, some updates or rebuilding your website. A refresh of the infrastructure and then daily use with activities and SEO to get the clients you can’t sell to in your area.